Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Chewy Fudgy Chocolate Chip Cookie Oreo Brownie Bars

Also known as Sinful!!!
My friend Terrie told me about this great dessert that she had at a party, so the next chance I got, I went searching the web to find a recipe. I found quite a few posts, i even tried a few, but finally settled on making my own. I wish I could take full credit for coming up with the idea of mixing these 3 desserts together. You will be pleased with your results.

Yummmmm!!

How can you go wrong with chocolate chip cookies, oreos, and brownies???
Imagine how good this tastes with a little warm hot fudge and vanilla ice cream!

To begin, you will need a good chocolate chip cookie dough recipe. I have included my recipe with this post. Create your dough, and line your 9x13 glass baking pan with parchment paper. (You can spray paper if you think it needs it, I prefer not to use the spray because I think it changes the taste of the dough.)
Spread your cookie dough into your baking sheet in an even layer. Then top with DOUBLE STUFF Oreo cookies. (You can experiment with the many different flavors and colors of oreos available year round, the Keebler Grasshoppers create a pleasant mint version of this bar)
Pour the brownie batter into the pan and spread evenly over the top of the cookies.
You can add hot fudge topping swirled into the brownie batter at this point if you can handle even more chocolate!
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350F. Uncover and cook an additional 15-25 minutes.
Cool completely and cut, and this is what they look like without the hot fudge in them.

I have been experimenting with the insides of this dessert, because I am not a huge fan of oreos unless they are drowning in milk. I would love to hear your comments, and any substitutions you have tried. I will reveal the results with my new dessert recipe in the next couple of weeks.

Printable Recipe

RECIPE:
Chewy Fudgy Chocolate Chip Cookie Oreo Brownie
Cookie Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12 ounces) milk chocolate chips (I prefer the mini chips)

Other Ingredients:
1 pkg Double Stuffed Oreos
1 Family Size (9×13) Brownie mix with required mix ins
1/4 cup hot fudge topping

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
In the bowl of your stand mixer, Cream the butter and both sugars on medium speed for 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well to thoroughly combine.
Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into the mixer until the flour is just combined, do not over beat.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Spread the cookie dough in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish that’s been lined with parchment paper. ( I like the cookie layer to not be too thick, so I reserve about a cup of the cookie dough out and freeze in a flattened baggie for a future cookie fix.)
Top cookie dough layer with a layer of Oreos.
In a separate bowl, mix together brownie mix, adding an optional 1/4 cup of hot fudge topping to the mix. Pour the brownie batter over the cookie dough and Oreos. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 15-25 minutes.
Testing with a toothpick or cake tester may reveal the brownies to be a little bit gooey.
Once cooled they will set perfectly soft and fudgy.
Let cool completely before cutting!!
If using an 8x8 brownie mix, cut the cookie recipe in half, and use an 8x8 pan.

Pin It!
Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Oh Goodness that looks so sinful and good! I don't think I could stop at just one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay totally drooling and totally pinning this!

    ReplyDelete